Most of us have had to bid goodbye to our highly awaited summer travel plans with a heavy heart due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The global pandemic that has disrupted the world and has noticeably impacted the travel sector. Once crowded airports now resemble a ghost town and many planes have been flying mostly empty. With the dramatic decline in air travel, the aviation industry has definitely been hit hard and will most likely continue to experience turbulence until the end of the year.
- But despite the hard blows, the industry has been experiencing ever since the pandemic erupted, this global crisis prompted various aviation groups and individuals to give us hope by being a positive light during these dark times.
- Like the world’s largest cargo aircraft, the Gargantuan plane successfully delivered 100 tons of medical supplies to Poland from China.
- Similarly, Cebu Pacific operated an all-cargo flight, filled with food, medicine and vital supplies, and brought these to various islands across the archipelago.
- San Miguel Corporation and PAL joined forces for Covid-19 logistics and was able to transfer 40,000 sets of highly essential medical gear’ from Guangzhou to Manila by chartering a Boeing 777-300ER.
- Meanwhile, the Philippine Airforce has been rendering round-the-clock service as they play a major role in supplementing logistics operation for the health system in our country.
These acts of kindness are just among the many efforts being done to combat the virus and for that, we’re deeply grateful – salute to our modern-day heroes! Laminar Aviation Inc. (https://laminaraviation.com/) is also continuously doing our part to ensure that we strictly adhere to the protocols set by our government. Everyone has a role to play in ensuring we stop the further spread of the Coronavirus. So, we encourage everyone to stay safe by staying at home. Together, let’s win this fight.